5 Essential Reasons You Need to HydrateAugust 6th, 2019 by Dr. Michael Glass
Water Plays an Important Role in Your Health and Appearance
Sure, you’ve heard it a million times before, “You should be drinking at least 8 glasses of water every day.” But do you know why people make that recommendation? To help you look and feel your best!
Learn 5 essential reasons you should drink water—so you do a better job getting more ounces in, more often …
- Enjoy Radiant Skin – Water helps your body flush out toxins, leaving skin with more of a glow. Bonus – if toxins are being removed, you’re less likely to experience acne and other skin problems!
- Increased Metabolism – Maybe you burn calories like a locomotive. If so, congratulations! If not, you’ll find that the older you get, the harder it is to keep excess pounds from creeping on. Fortunately, water speeds up your metabolism, helping with weight loss.
- Good Digestive Health – Your bowels need water to function smoothly. When you’re not properly hydrated, you run the risk of constipation, heartburn, and stomach ulcers.
- Your Kidneys NEED Water – When you drink enough water, your kidneys do a great job ridding your body of waste. But, get skimpy with your water intake, and your kidneys will trap extra fluid for body functions. You’ll also experience an increased risk of kidney stones.
- Look Younger, Longer – Water can’t erase the fine lines and wrinkling you have already, however, it will make your skin look more supple and elastic.
As you can see, there are plenty of great reasons to drink water!
When you are dehydrated long-term, there are a number of unpleasant things that begin to happen to your skin. For instance, you might develop dark circles under your eyes, and because your skin will be drier, it’ll be more likely to wrinkle. You’ll also be more prone to acne breakouts.
While we hope you don’t have to deal with any of these problems, should they occur, we do have treatments that can help. For instance, we might recommend chemical peels for acne, under-eye fillers for dark circles, or Skindition to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Not sure which cosmetic procedure is the right one to address your skin concerns? We encourage you to come in for a complimentary consultation.
Our experienced aestheticians will evaluate your skin, before making a recommendation.
How Can I Schedule My Complimentary Consultation at Esteem Medical Spa?
To schedule your complimentary consultation, call us at 775.204.3508. We’re conveniently located in Reno at 6522 S. McCarran Boulevard.